The application to present at the 2020 Career Connections Conference is now open! The request for proposals will close February 2, 2020.
Sessions provided at each conference location must be aligned with one of the three strands:
- Equity sessions address the role of educational equity in CTE strands. Educational equity is the educational policies, practices, and programs necessary to
- Reduce the predictability of who succeeds and who fails
- Interrupt reproductive practices that negatively impact diverse students in public, charter, and independent school settings
- Cultivate the unique gifts and talents of every student Provides opportunities that eliminate discrimination and denial of services on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex and disability
- Outreach sessions provide the strategies and tools necessary to effectively promote Career and Technology Education and Career and College Readiness educational programs, build community support and partnerships, develop essential employability skills, and support individual learners.
- Integration of Core Academic sessions focus on integrating Career and Technology Education into core academics (i.e., Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies). The mindset behind sessions in this strand should incorporate an acknowledgment that 21st century education requires that content areas no longer exist in silos and the importance of embedding essential employability skills into core academic subjects.
All presenters will receive free registration and travel expenses!
Presenters will be notified by February 7, 2020.
Questions? Please email email@example.com