INFORMATION ABOUT PRESENTING VIRTUALLY
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, teacher and substitute shortages throughout districts, and uncertainty surrounding in-person events, the 2022 IL Career Connections Conference team––with guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education––made the difficult decision to host the 2022 conference virtually.
We will be using “Hopin”––a virtual venue with multiple interactive areas optimized for connecting and engaging––to host the 2022 IL Career Connections Conference. This is the same platform used for the 2021 virtual conference.
Rather than having time blocks where attendees can choose from a variety of breakout sessions (like at an in-person conference), we have elected to mirror nationally-recognized conferences by having all attendees participate in the same keynotes and panel discussions through the duration of the day. Those session leaders have been secured.
In submitting the session proposal Google form, you would be agreeing to record your presentation prior to the conference date and allow it to be made available on-demand from April 25, 2022 until July 31, 2022. Only those who attend the conference will have access to these videos, and they will be hosted on a private, protected channel.
- The deadline to submit the Session Proposal Google form is Monday, March 7, 222.
- The deadline for submitting your recorded presentation is Monday, April 4, 2022.
- For instructions on the best ways to record your presentation, click here.
- For information on the three conference themes of equity, outreach, and integration, click here.
- A title and description of your session is needed to complete the Google form. Please make sure you have those ready before beginning. Additionally, you will be asked to upload a high-quality headshot and include a brief bio of yourself and any additional presenters for marketing purposes. While these items are not required to submit the form, they’re much appreciated.